Where are you now? Where do you want to be? When do you want to be there? This is how we’ll get you there.
The screening process can be as detailed or as simple as you want it to be. We can record and review your mass (body weight) or we can calculate your percentage of body fat and identify what is lean mass and what is fat mass. Further body composition in terms of girth measurements can be recorded and tracked, as can important health measurements such as blood pressure and resting pulse. Cadiovascular fitness can be assessed and we can give you predicted or maximum estimates of VO2 (the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume and your maximal heart rate).
FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREENING:
This is a series of 7 movement tests to establish movement patterns.
- The deep squat is used to assess bilateral, symmetrical mobility of the hips, knees and ankles. The light dowel held overhead assesses bilateral symmetrical mobility of the shoulders and thoracic spine.
- The hurdle step is used to assess bilateral mobility and stability of the hips, knees and ankles.
- The in line lunge is used to assess bilateral mobility and stability in the ankles and knees.
- The shoulder mobility test assess shoulder range of motion, internal and external rotation, adduction and abduction.
- Active straight leg raise assesses active hamstring, calf flexibility and pelvic stability.
- The trunk stability push up is used to assess trunk stability in the saggital plane (on your front) whilst motion is performed.
- The rotational stability test examines multi planar stability with upper and lower extremity movement
- Blood Pressure
- Resting Pulse
- Body Composition
Follow our Social Media
Suite 4, First Floor,
Reed House, Annie Reed Road,